Application Information for Practitioners
The AACHP is a progressive professional association dedicated to providing a number of important benefits for its members. As a prospective member do please download and print your own brochure by following this link AACHP Brochure in addition to reading on about the benefits we offer at AACHP.
For all Members
- Low Membership Fees
- Free Continuing Professional Education (CPE) via bimonthly presentations from leading educators and practitioners in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (all members may download a video recording of these presentations for CPE purposes and it is particularly advantageous for interstate and regional members to be able to benefit from this free CPE online).
- Free Group Supervision via bimonthly Peer Support meetings which enable members to share and discuss case histories and raise any issues relating to any aspect of their professional practice
- Access to AACHP accredited Supervisors to arrange Clinical Supervision and flexible Supervision arrangements whereby members may choose a Supervisor who is not currently AACHP accredited but who would meet our accreditation requirements
- Password access to the Members’ Page of the AACHP website to which member resources are added on a regular basis
- Inclusion on the AACHP Member Distribution List to receive copies of the AACHP Newsletter as well as regular updates relating to the profession
- AACHP Member discounts (where applicable) to CPE events
For Certified and Professional Clinical Members
- Access to competitively priced and comprehensive insurance specifically designed to meet the needs of Clinical Hypnotherapists which includes cover for Past Life Regression as a therapeutic method. Please note that the AACHP is not an insurance provider but can give you the details of the insurance company that is able to offer this tailored insurance.
- Automatic eligibility to join the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia National Register
- Free Member listing and link to your website/webpage on the AACHP website
For Professional Clinical Members
- Eligibility to offer rebates from Private Health Insurers with whom AACHP has been approved as a health service provider under section 10 of the PHI (Accreditation) Rules (2008).
- Please note that in the interests of providing members of the AACHP with accurate and up-to-date information, we do conduct regular extensive reviews of all known private health funds currently offering rebates for hypnotherapy. This is a challenging task because the health funds can and do change the terms and conditions of their policies which can lead to confusion for practitioners and their clients.
As at May 2016, 9 health funds currently offering rebates for hypnotherapy confirmed provider status for AACHP Professional Clinical Members.
Members will find a comprehensive list on the Members' Page of this website together with details about how to obtain the relevant provider numbers and the requirements for invoicing of clients wishing to claim a rebate.
Although the AACHP membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th each year, new applications for membership are welcomed at any time of the membership year and fees are calculated on a quarterly pro rata basis to the nearest quarter.
Please note, our membership application form is frequently updated so if it is not linked here, do please contact the AACHP Registrar for the current form. When you receive your application form you will notice that the same form is to be used for all new applications as well as for renewals for all levels of membership (Associate, Certified and Professional Clinical) - the form includes guidelines regarding which parts to complete depending on the level of membership for which you are applying. Unless you are applying for Professional Clinical Membership, new membership applications do NOT need to include CPE points and Supervision hours accrued during the previous 12 months as these criteria only apply once you have become a member.
Do Contact Us with any questions prior to submitting your application.
The AACHP also has a number of Associate Members. This level of membership includes:
- former practising members who do not currenty comply with one or more of the strict criteria to be registered as a practising members of the AACHP
- qualified practitioners who are no longer practising and also
- students of clinical hypnotherapy, who, upon successful completion of their studies, may apply for practising membership.
If you wish to join the AACHP as an Associate Member, please complete the standard membership application form, leaving out the sections that do not apply to you at this stage. If you are a current student of Clinical Hypnotherapy, please state where you currently enrolled to do your training. Associate members of the AACHP are encouraged to attend all CPE and Peer Support meetings and enjoy the same seminar and workshop discounts as full practising members.
The AACHP is able to offer its qualified practising members access to a unique tailor-made and comprehensive insurance policy negotiated on behalf of and specific to the Clinical Hypnotherapy profession. Do ask us about this when you join. When you first apply to join the AACHP, you will need to have been accepted for membership to gain access to this insurance so upon receipt of your application, assuming that all other aspects of your application meet with our criteria, you will be notified that your membership has been approved provisionally (so that you are able to obtain your insurance), however, you will not receive your membership certificate nor be listed on the website as a full practising member until we have received confirmation of your insurance details.
When you have met all the criteria for practising membership of the AACHP, you will be able to join the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia (HCA) National Register and be recognised as an HCA Registered Hypnotherapist.
Professional Clinical Members of the AACHP are recognised Hypnotherapy providers with a number of health insurance companies.
All membership enquiries should be directed to the AACHP Registrar