We are often asked for advice regarding the variety of training courses that are available.
The AACHP does not favour any particular training organisations. Nor do we publish a list of recognised training courses as this could be perceived as endorsement of those particular courses. We do, however, allow training organisations to submit their credentials and curriculum documentation to us for review and will give an indication of whether or not the training course would meet our required standards. Upon notification of a successful review outcome from us, the training organisation is authorized by us to inform their students and graduates that they would be eligible to apply for membership of the AACHP. Should you wish to seek confirmation of a training organisation's status with the AACHP, please contact us via email
Please be aware that there are now a number of training courses being marketed that fall well short of the industry standard. Unfortunately the marketing of some of the courses being advertised fails to make mention of whether the training is recognised as a professional qualification and this can lead to disappointment should you wish to pursue clinical hypnotherapy as a career.
If you are considering enrolling in a training course in clinical hypnotherapy, do make sure to ask the training organisation if the course they are offering would ensure eligibility to join a professional association which is a member of and meets the requirements of the National Peak Body, the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia.
Please find below some questions for you to consider as you do your background research into the courses on offer:
- Will this course provide me with the level of training necessary to achieve practitioner status and membership of a professional association which is a member of and meets the requirements of the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia?
- Will the course content provide me with sufficient skills and experience to feel confident to go into practice?
- How much does the course cost?
- Do the timing and duration of the course suit me?
- Is the "delivery method" (e.g. classroom/online/webinar/self-study) compatible with my learning style?
- What is the course structure? Are there different "levels" and if so, is it clear what is being provided at each "level" and what I need to have achieved in order to become "qualified"?
- Am I satisfied that the trainer(s) are suitably qualified and experienced?
- Do I feel comfortable that I have done sufficient research into the courses on offer and confident that I have made a good choice of training organisation?
AACHP is a Member Association of the HCA
Hypnotherapy Council of Australia (HCA), which is the national peak body for clinical hypnotherapy in Australia. As a member association of the HCA, the AACHP is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of clinical hypnotherapy and psychotherapy in Australia.
It works to provide support, education, and advocacy for its members, as well as promote the benefits of hypnotherapy to the wider public. Membership in the AACHP is open to qualified and practicing hypnotherapists and psychotherapists who meet the association's requirements for training and education.